Thursday, October 8, 2009

Turkey Sausage-Gnocchi Soup

(photo couresty Oxmoor House & cooklinglight.com
This is the easiest soup I have ever made! It is very tasty too. I love gnocchi (potato pasta dumplings) so when I came across this recipe at cookinglight.com, I gave it a try. It was under 20 minutes to make. The hardest part was browning the sausage. I did make one change to the ingredients. I used mild ground Italian sausage instead of hot link sausage, personal preference. Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients
- 1 (4.5 oz) link hot turkey Italian sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 oz) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Bellino or Vigo)
- 1 (14 oz) can fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preparation
1. Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble.
2. Add 2 cups water and next 3 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi float to the top of pan. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle each serving evenly with cheese.
Yield: 7 servings ( 1 cup soup and about 1 tablespoon cheese)
Nutritional Information
Calories: 182 (21% from fat)
Fat: 4g (sat 1.7g,mono 0.0g,poly 0.0g)
Protein: 10.5g
Carbohydrate: 25.1g
Fiber: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 22mg
Iron: 0.7mg
Sodium: 809mg
Calcium: 134mg

1 comment:

Kaytee said...

Made this for dinner tonight Amy and it was WAY good. Big hit at my house. I'll make this one again and again!