Sunday, October 25, 2009

German Pancakes


This morning I attempted to make German Pancakes (also known as Dutch Babies) and I think they turned out well! I'm looking forward to making them again now that I figured some things out. Here's the recipe, I think you will find that this is really easy. This works best with a 10" iron skillet or a pie pan. Any pan about 3 inches deep will work perfect.
3 eggs
1/2 C milk
1/2 C flour
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light & frothy; add milk, flour, vanilla & cinnamon; beat for 5 minutes. Place pan in the oven to heat until oven is preheated (about 7-10 min).
Remove pan from oven and add butter to coat the pan.
Pour the batter into the hot pan all at once and return to the oven. Bake about 15-20 min or until the pancake is golden brown and puffy.
Dust with powdered sugar and a spritz of lemon juice.
Makes about 2 servings.
German pancakes are also good when served with various fruit toppings or maple syrup.

1 comment:

abbey said...

Thanks Jenn! I made these for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving & Tyson loved it! So easy, yet so fancy :).