Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies


I know that "pumpkin season" is kind of over but I don't care. These cookies are so good that I think you should be able to make them whenever you want! I got this recipe from my dear friend Kristi. She made them when I visited her in Pasadena once and I think I ate them every morning for breakfast ... nothing but these cookies. The recipe makes a lot of cookies so be prepared, or freeze some of the dough and make the rest later!
Ingredients:
  • 4 cups flour
  • 2 cups oatmeal
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg (this is my own addition)
  • 1 teaspoon all spice (this is also my own addition)
  • 1 1/2 cups canola oil
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 can pumpkin ( I'm 95% sure it is a large can, can't remember for sure)
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (add more or less if you like)

Preparation:

  1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined and moistened.
  2. Using a cookie scoop, place cookies 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet (or use a silacone pad).
  3. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. (Baking time will vary depending on the size of your cookies, don't over bake, cookies are going to be cake-like)

Nutritional Information:

I have no clue and I don't care! :o)

1 comment:

Claire said...

I'm glad you posted these! I've been craving something oatmealy! I made some awesome pumpkin chocolate chip muffins in the fall and have been wanting to make something else with pumpkin because I have another can and so hooray! thank you!