Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Warm Cranberry Wassail


This is my favorite cold weather drink. Well, I do love me some Bailey's Irish Cream and coffee but this wassail is appropriate for all ages so I guess it is a little more versatile. :o) I got the recipe from my friend, Jan Massie, so I must give all credit to her. Go make it for your next gathering or even make it in small batches just for yourself (I just did!).

Ingredients
- 1 64oz bottle Ocean Spray Cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 1/2 c. apple juice
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 t. all spice
- 1/2 t. nutmeg-
- orange slices
-whole cloves


Preparation
Combine all ingredients except garnishes (oranges and cloves) in a large saucepan. Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Strain wassail to remove spices (I use a really fine mesh strainer). Place in a heat proof punch bowl or crock pot (I use a crock pot and already have it heated before I pour the wassail in or the wassail will cool down). Garnish with orange slices studded with cloves.

No comments: